Friday 12 February 2016

Sports & Flora's Direction

For the third year of my degree, I want to specifically focus on the fashion film element of my studies. This is motivated by the fact that I envisage myself working in this area as a serious career. I also want to create various pieces of sportswear garments aimed at women, which will inform the fashion film making process. I have chosen to do sportswear  as exercise and sports has become  very important for society and the welding of this generation. I want to create a type of wear that will enhance sporting ability. I am particularly interested in creating a type of up and coming trend, which will stand out amongst its competitors by being practical and visually pleasing. I want to look into light sensitive sportswear such as reflective clothing for people who exercise outside at night, UV sensitive sportswear and also sports wear that changes colour with the heat of the body using thermochromics . Sensitive materials will be used to improve safety and will protect the body during over exertion. Certain sportswear materials such as Nike and Adidas provide small holes that help the skin to breathe more effectively and assist in temperature regulation. I will take this into consideration and experiment with different materials used for sporting clothing alongside my developing print designs. My overall long-term aim is to create a collection of sportswear. However. if this is not successful due to other academic demands, I hope to have constructed at least some garments and also a fashion film that could lead into unit X. 


Over the summer I have focused my drawing on church imager and florals . This inspiration has come from my internship I was successful in carrying out at Mirjam Rouden in central London over my time there I took part in doing all sorts of print jobs. One of my jobs was to draw for new print designs, the topic was florals. I found I have skill with drawing detailed flowers and I would like to carry this on into my print designs in this project. After discussions in my tutorial, I decided to investigate and focus my efforts on modern as well as historical architecture. The concepts of heat and light sensitive sportswear was also discussed during the session. I have decided to look into a printing ink that has the capacity to change colour in response of temperature changes in the body. It was also aware that this year is to focus my film making and editing skills with an art direction, Over this Project I plan to develop my filmmaking skills and come up with concepts that reflect my print design and fashion work.




No comments:

Post a Comment