Saturday 13 February 2016

Salford Quays & Drawings




After I have created the drawings in relation to these photographs, they will be merged with the more historical architecture and flowers into a whole concept. This will be used to create my sports prints.

These are a selection of my strongest drawings that I have been testing out with different digital print designs. It has been a challenge to try and combine modern, historical architecture and florals as a collaborative subject as the composition of the different topics can demonstrate a print design that is too messy, than shapes that fit nicely together. I feel that the focus in my visual concept is to be more focused and feed into topics that link well with each other. I have used a lot of my floral design in my prints as I feel they work well in my collection With my architecture drawings I have chosen to use strict lines because I feel that they relate more to my project and I can feel this work will follow into geometrics and cubes.




 

This week, it has been important for me to focus my primary research on modern architecture. I decided to take some photographs of Salford Quays and I especially liked the different shapes of the modern buildings. This provided me with a great deal of inspiration in terms of visual aesthetics in relation to the varying shapes of architecture. when taking the photographs I wanted to construct a short of juxtaposition to generate different clips of shapes, patterns and forms. These are some of photographs that I think capture an interesting lined and shapely structure. I wanted to capture the dominating structure of the buildings and the modern like characteristics that expand over the surroundings.


No comments:

Post a Comment