Wednesday 17 February 2016

Investigation Thermal Dance film


   
                                                   
This week I made an investigation film that looked into thermal imagery and movement. I found a dancer called Ina Colizze to work with in my film. Orson also helped me with the cinematography. As this was a film to display a test, I wanted the film setting to be simple and plain. I got Ina to improvise a dance, as Orson and I were filming from a normal Nikon camera and also taking snaps from the thermal camera. At the end of the shoot I realised the photographs were not saving on the thermal camera memory card. To overcome this difficulty, I had to film Ina again. So, I arranged with her to film one of her dance classes in a studio. With the resolution of this problem, it turned out for the best as I had the ability to take photographs of other female dances with the thermal camera picking up their heat. This was good for my research as I had a significant amount more photo footage to work with and it allowed me to have a better understanding on where on the body heat is most produced.

Once I had all of my footage and imagery to work with I generated everything into a short investigation film. I have not displayed this on YouTube as I have used music that has rights against sharing it in a media promotion. As a consequence, I have stored this film on a memory stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment