Wednesday 17 February 2016

Making the film UV & Projection

For the start of creating the UV & Projection film, I needed to test the UV lights with the other props in my film that will hopefully reflect with the UV light.



UV test
As this picture shows, I tested it using one of my friends who had bleached blonde hair, which is the same as the model I will be using for the shoot. I also tested out the sportswear I had bought from a high street sports shop, with attached white & black ribbon. The tests were successful and the UV picked up the white bold reflective colours within the hair and clothing.




Working with the Crew
During the process of this shoot I had to take great care in thinking about every detail such as lighting, movement, timing, sound and visual interest. In my field of practice, it is important for me to collaborate with people in different courses to help me create my films. I used Megan Elise Halla, a model I worked with on Rianna Phillips Internship. I wanted to work with her again as I know she works well with direction and her body gestures and facial expressions create good visuals to work with. Megan is also has the right look to appeal to my consumer; a young female that is devoted to exercise and has an interest in sustaining an exercise goal. Oisin Baber, a music artist and a friend of mine from Bristol, wants to collaborate and create music for me throughout this 3rd year. I am interested in his sound as he is very diverse and talented in creating complex beats and alternative music that replicates my vision in my films. Lydia Richards was my makeup artist for a shoot and I had to independently seek her out.  Her ideas and craft makeup ability was outstanding. Another crew member was Orson Ramskill-Pugh who is a friend of mine and studying film.  He was the technical director in the shoot and assisted me to set up and use the equipment. He is very skilled in his knowledge of camera and lighting equipment.


Working on set
Whilst on set it took some time setting up and getting the projection to work. I found working on set when guiding my film exciting and successful as everyone worked well together. These are some of the photographs from behind the scenes of the shoot.  I wanted to show the process of Lydia applying the UV sensitive makeup to demonstrate the transition from normal lighting to UV light. During the filming process I found it difficult to multi- task all jobs; filming, directing and controlling the projection. This is a task that will most definitely improve through experience.


Editing
The editing process of these films took a considerable time. It was quite difficult matching the music to the visual movement. To overcome this, I changed the speed of each clip, making them faster to run smoothly with timing of the music. I have decided to create 3 different fashion films. I wanted to work out for my own benefit whether it looked effective with just the projection and one just with the UV or both UV & Projection together. I think the films work better separately as they show their intention of setting sportswear in a visually appealing way.



No comments:

Post a Comment