Saturday 13 February 2016

Market Research









This week I have been focusing on my garment research and to help me I have been going to Julie’s fashion workshops. The main aim from the workshops was to carry out some market research by visiting a number of retail outlets looking specifically at sportswear with a high fashion emphasis. I looked particularly ay Adidas and Nike to identify what trends are popular and already in use. I also ventured around koral Active wear. This investigative process was time consuming as it was necessary to understand and process exactly what fabrics, textures and linings were used. My research including photographs showed that sportswear colours are generally bright and vivid. They tend to use material that is stretchy and flexible for the user. It was clear that the linings were all achieved using an over locker. Also, the majority of the sportswear did not have a great degree of detail in its design and in the main displays as a bold plain design structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment