Thursday 18 February 2016

Evaluation

 
Evaluation
 
Making the final 8 sample digital & thermochromic screen print designs have been a challenge but I feel, overall, that they have developed well. Within my sports samples I am displaying the colour change in sports wear when heat is produced from the body,  to help dancers sustain exercise. Researching different stretchy sports fabrics has been successful, although it was a challenge  as I need to work out the shrinkage value to the material after digital printing. However, the technicians were able to offer support and guidance in relation to the most optimum materials and fabrics for my sportswear designs.  Within my research, I have looked at Stella McCartney’s Adidas collection and Mary Katrantzou It should be noted, however, that I feel modern architecture has supported my inspiration the most. The dominating structured shapes have helped me to reflect this into my drawings and then into final designs.
Making films for my live projects has been an adventure. I have experienced challenges in terms of balancing time for each project and I have struggled considerably in this area. I found the editing for the blog the hardest as it took up a significant amount of my time and it took considerable rewording and rethinking. This is something I will have to get used to quickly as working for different clients requires a great deal of editing time. I found working on Annah’s behind the scene shoot & the Berlin Fashion Film festival the most enjoyable and I learnt such a lot from them both. With Annah’s behind the scenes shoot I was able to assist Annah with direction and I used basic editing techniques so it worked smoothly and did not take up a lot of my time. I found the BFFFC the most enjoyable as I feel it reflected directly my concept of heat changing sport wear well and it was  uplifting to feel appreciated from a high ranking individual in  the fashion film industry who took a keen interest in my work.  For my personal investigation films showing heat change in a dancer's body, the UV & projection film, have also been an adventure and a challenge as it has offered the advantages of working with models and dancers outside of University and sourcing equipment from other areas that does not involve the ease of the normal University channels. In this way, it has helped me to work outside of the university and has given me a taste of how I would cope if I was a film maker for fashion films sourcing people, props and filming equipment.
 
For unit X, I will be developing my final designs and choosing one design for my garment that I will make for my fashion film. I plan to make a fashion film with my dancer Ina Colizza and Orson as well as an extended film crew as I have been sourcing more people to help film the shoot. It is most important in my work that I have a team available for my fashion film as it is quite a big project and has great potential if implemented well. A photographer has also seen some of my film project work online and has asked to collaborate with me for unit X.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment