Wednesday 17 February 2016

Berlin Fashion Film Festival Competition



Over the Christmas break I have planned to enter the Berlin fashion film festival competition. Over this time I have directed my efforts towards filming, editing and creating a pitch to the BFFF competition.


During the making of this film I wanted to relate to my self-initiated project ideas with the film itself. As my project is aiming to show heat changing through colour in my print designs for  sportswear I came up with the concept of using a moving projection of different coloured prints that changed colour across a dancer’s body as she was moving. With the construction of this film, I decided that I did not want to make it look projection. I want to make it look like the prints are actually changing colour across the white garment.

When editing this fashion film I made two final copies; one that had a lot of editing mirroring of the body and lots of different editing techniques and another which involved a film that had a more natural approach and less editing.

When working with Orson, he led the cinema photography and Ina the dancer was very easy to work with; they both understood my vision in what I wanted to create. It is very important when working with a film crew and your model or performer to have a good business relationship to create a film that has a strong concept. I chose to film the dancer on the floor with the projection on top of her so giving the illusion that there was not a projection at all but that the prints were ingrained into her clothes and her skin, which gave a good advertising print for me as a designer. When shooting the project, Orson was able to get close up shots of the body and different abstract movements that the model was creating. I feel that this gave a good effect when I was editing as you are able to see the print on the body from a close perspective across the skin and the clothing.







No comments:

Post a Comment