Wednesday 17 February 2016

Start Of Toile


Over the Christmas break I have been working with the fashion designer Sinead Leonard.  As I will be making a range of toiles  for this project, Sinead has helped me to create a size 10 body suit for a dance sportswear that I will develop in unit X.  She gave advice for the best way to sew the toile and which materials are the most effective. It was good to work with someone who has worked in the industry of making sportswear for a sports company. Sinead told me to use a stretch light material including a lycra or cotton.

 
The process of this toile was to establish that the shape would be right for my model. In unit X, I will be developing this toile into a dance sportswear body suit, so it needs to look and fit perfectly to my dancer. Thankfully, this body stocking fitted my dancer well. I have drawn lines to show where I will be making panels for my next toil . This toile is made out of stretchy cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment