Saturday 7 March 2015

Personal project: Film Inspirations and Ideas



I have decided to create a fashion film for my process work to demonstrate my designs. For my film, I am thinking about using footage from repeated mirrored buildings and branches. I want to show parts of both this footage to show my development process of my work at the same time of showing the outcome final designs of my work. The inspiration for this idea was on Nick Knight's fashion video called The Elegant Universe.  This video is filmed by Nick Knight himself on his iPhone. This video is about the mathematics of beauty. This film inspired me greatly namely in the way that they combined the film with textured maps, which are the computers demonstration of the scanned garment. Furthermore, the  variety of colour excites me in this film, and I shall aspire to use a similar wide range of colours within my own work.


Sans couture: This video is for the Chanel haute couture A/W 14 show. Karl Lagerfeld is well known for his seamless dresses and this video contains dresses that are draped wrapped and bound, but lines of selling and construction have been banished. I like the way Lagerfeld has taken his visual work to another level and creating garments which have  a sculpture like quality. I will be projecting my print designs onto a model wearing white garments and I want to think outside of the box in terms of ways I can display my print in a less traditional way.

The fashion film titled FUCCBOI is a film about expression and movement that represents the collection A/W 2014 Hood by Air. I want to use the idea of taking two or three clips showing movement in the film and editing them to combine together and play at the same time when changing the opacity Final Cut Pro.
http://showstudio.com/project/hood_by_air_trans/fashion_film


No comments:

Post a Comment