Saturday 7 March 2015

Personal Project : Development and Filming

The focus of these two films was to show a development process of my drawing work and designs. I think it is important for my work to create more films like this, showing the process of my work as this offers insight into my design.



The process of filming mirrored branches was quite complicated as I used my iPhone and a handheld camera whilst creating my work. Creating the art was not the only challenge and documenting the creation also brought some difficulties. However, it was well worth the struggle filming this work as the editing process was quite straightforward. I chose to split the film in four ways to demonstrate the different stages of my work. The intention behind the branch embroidery was to transform natural, organic objects into pattern work.



The repeated building was also quite complicated to create as I had my handheld iPhone whilst painting. For this piece of work, I have chosen to use bright bold colours that are the opposite from the primary research photograph of the Benzie building. These colours in my work are my reference colours and I have chosen to use quite bold, bright colours to go against my primary research as I wanted to play around with the idea of taking a picture of a building and transforming it into something exciting and vibrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment