Saturday 7 March 2015

Personal Project: Intentions of Personal Project




This week has been about creating new visual work that represent my concept of Thailand pattern and temple design with Manchester architecture and nature.  I find in my work that I restrict myself to red and blue colours as these are my default colours. I have created two mood boards so I can expand my colour pallet and experiment with different bold colours. I have also been working in a larger scale this week as I feel that my drawings were too small and wanted to expand my drawing techniques. I felt this worked well as it has helped me to create more expressive line drawings and Identify with larger ideas. Through these drawing I wanted to show ideas to represent different colours, patterns and shapes. As part of my research, I used a book called Thai Textiles by Susan Conway. I found this book useful as it offered some inspiration on different kinds of print designs. I have also been working on more smaller intricate architecture designs using bright bold colours. In my sketchbook, this process took longer than my larger paintings using brusho powder paints as the lines had to be precise and detailed. My next step for these drawings is to design and edit them into Photoshop  to create different sample print designs. I will potentially create 5 final prints that will be displayed in my fashion film.

For my audience, my work is for high fashion and I will be creating print designs for long flowing dresses. I have been looking at a designer called Nicolas Jebran F/W collect 2014. This collection inspires me with its use of acidic floral print and its expressive flowing maxi styled dresses. I feel my colour pallet connects with his print designs and the feel for his work is free flowing and expressive. This is the main concept of my project.











No comments:

Post a Comment