Tuesday 18 February 2014

Dip Dye



The processes we used in this session was dip dye. I have used this technique of dyeing before, and have always really enjoyed it. This lesson was about the process of dying and also to teach ourselves how to mix the dyes and work independently to create our own artwork.
I really enjoyed this lesson, I was able to experiment using different colours and different techniques to create different imprints with the dip dye.
                                                         
    
         

I found that wrapping up the cotton and dipping it in different dyes created a good effect for pattern. I would like to use dip dye again experimenting with my own reference of colours and preferably to screen print my own designs on top of them. What I found challenging in this lesson was getting the right consistency of colour through my fabric. It takes concentration and measurement to get a good balance between each colours when dip dyeing.







No comments:

Post a Comment