Tuesday 18 February 2014

3-D Triangle


In this drawing workshop our task was to create a 3-D design that replicates what we are doing in our textile worlds. I decided to make a 3-D triangle. My initial inspiration was Richard Sweeney, a product designer who explores structure and pattern. His inspiration is complex geometries and patterns of growth in nature. He uses simple materials both handmade and machine manufactured and he tries to use everyday materials such as paper to create unique structural forms. His work interests me because the sculptures that he creates have a very natural, organic feel to them. In my own work I want to respond to Richard Sweeney’s complex designs by creating my own.  On each side of my triangle I wanted to enforce my print designs, by doing this I used a scalpel during the process of making my 3-D triangle, I noticed it had a sort of cultural replication to the design. I think it could almost link to Egyptian shapes and patterns.




     


    


No comments:

Post a Comment