Tuesday 18 February 2014

Mechanical Drawing

Friday drawing lesson was about mechanical drawing. This lesson really interested me. It helped us to think in different ways by using moving objects to create marks and thus creating drawings. Mechanical drawing was about using a surface and exploring using different movement objects to create patterns. For example, the types of movement media that were used were windup toys, elastic bands, cogs, kebab skewers, cocktail sticks and rods of wire. My favourite process was just using one peg but I also used a motor and attached it to my pen and it created a sort of rough pen line that created a jagged line on the surface of my page. What I wanted to do was a collection of successful repeated pattern drawings that resembled my print work. Zimoun, an artist that was suggested in the power point, interested me. I liked how his drawings were repetitive and showed a rhythmical motion to the process of his work. I was inspired by his 144 prepared dc-motors, wires isolated, cardboard boxes 27x13x13cm Zimoun 2013. I think this drawing shows a lot of repetitive pattern which I like and it was these aspects of his art that I tried to produce in my own way using gouache paints and an end of clothes peg.









No comments:

Post a Comment