Tuesday 18 February 2014

Hand Painting



Leah Nelson, a textile print designer, inspired me for my hand designs.  I wanted my hand designs to have a flow to them by using my colour reference I chose colours that contrasted with each other. Leah Nelson is a surface designer and illustrator who is inspiring with her use of bold tribal motifs and art deco designs. Her work has inspired me to create patterns that were exciting and impelling.  I like the composition in Leah Nelsons work and how she is able to enlarge her shapes and create a pattern that fits together like a puzzle. I am influenced by Leah Nelson’s motifs that reflect a rigid and blocked form to them. I have tried to take on board her skills in her work and reflect them in my own work. I wanted my hand designs to look exciting and vibrant.

This is one of my favourite print designs that I have created. I have tried to enforce as much of my colour reference into this design. I like using lots of colour in my work. I want people to enjoy the tones of my work and the kind of mood it exudes. Although the colours in this piece contrasts with each other they also complement each other.






No comments:

Post a Comment