Thursday 4 December 2014

Test Film

During this week, I have developed my final print designs. All of my print designs relate to each other correlating to urban architecture. The inspiration for my work is Alexander McQueen and Nick Knight. They seem to have certain themes in their fashion design and that is the idea I am aiming to replicate in my work. Focusing on Nick Knight’s film work from ShowStudio (ShowStudio 2014), I have created, filmed and edited my own fashion film as an advertisement to present my print and show how it could be constructed into the high fashion industry of film fashion.

It was important to use loyalty free music especially as using legitimate sources is essential when working in a professional industry. I decided to use the Moby website http://www.mobygratis.com/and my request to flying foxes was accepted. I chose this music as it had an eerie and atmospheric element to it. I wanted my film shots to be rhythmical and in time with the music to demonstrate how my prints can be displayed as a motion. After my film was completed I also uploaded it onto the Moby website in order to promote my work and gain some recognition in the public forum.
  
    
I also looked at various music videos for inspiration for the different types of visual work. This included ‘lost in the woods’ directed by film director Ruth Hogben in collaboration with Kanye West and performed by a Kanye West. In this video, I particularly liked the type of movement and mirror work that was utilised, especially with the use of abstract angles and inclusion of architecture.  I felt that this offered a certain emotional substance which was almost full of powerful anguish and passion. I then decided to look at ‘Crazy’ by Robert Hales. This music video interested me again for its mirrored angles and its use of rhythm with composition. There was an obvious use of symmetry in the art work for this video. It used many moving images that depending on how it was viewed, a different object could be visualised.  My main inspiration was from looking at a show studio film called incunabula creative director Joris Debo. This film fascinated me for its use of projection and movement of shapes. I took movement elements from the model in the incunabula film and I directed my model to make similar body gestures against my projected print designs.

Test Film



In my tutorial, it was stated that I should work with different angles and increase the number of body shots in my final film displaying my print designs. My tutor said it was good that the credits do not commence at the beginning as it is much more important that the film content is the priority. However, I also need to consider crediting the model and the music, as this is very important to display in my video. For my final film, it was talked about that the first shot should be faded into the film. For my next film, I need to think about what I want to progress onto and how I can refine my film shots and editing skills. I need to create three more print designs, but I want these to be separate from my film and I want them to be different from my five final print designs. I want to do this to show a variety in my print designs and with my last three print designs I want to show how they would look as illustrations. I still want to maintain the theme of urban architecture, however, I want the process of the three final print designs to be somewhat different.

No comments:

Post a Comment