Wednesday 3 December 2014

Prints on clothes


I have now started to develop the mirroring idea in my photographs. These can potentially be used as my print designs or an ongoing development of using them in Photoshop to create different print designs. Hannah Werning inspired me to construct more mirroring patterns into my work as she utilises a great deal of symmetrical patterning into her designs. By using my mirrored designs, I have developed a new idea. This involves constructing faces into my designs with a mixture of my architectural drawing. This idea became apparent as I wanted to show the quality of fine art within my designs. My intention within these drawings is that the faces represent us as a society and we then create buildings. So, in many ways, we are the buildings as we both live in and create them. My inspiration for this idea was Ricardo flumenl, who is a fine artist who identifies with fashion in his work.

I started to use more colour in my paintings in certain cases and have added a drop of bold colour to give add some sophistication to my work. As I wanted to develop with colour this week, I have created some tie-dye samples using cheesecloth. I do not see a potential in using these tie-dye materials as I am now considering and having my 8 to 10 sample designs on paper. I could potentially use my tie-dye materials for Photoshop by scanning them in. My work is heading towards the fashion side of print design. I really want to develop and identify with more elaborate fashion, such as Alexander McQueen and Vivian Westwood.


I will be using Photoshop for the rest of this unit and it is important that I use and learn how to use different tools. Using Photoshop is not my strongest point, so this will be a good time to develop that skill. In addition, it is important in my career that I learn how to use this package as it is a requirement in the design and fashion print industry. I have started to repeat my drawings and display them in a symmetrical shape. I have done this to try and experiment with ideas on what colours I could have for my 8 to 10 samples and how they can be displayed. These drawings and designs will be taken into consideration, however, I do not envisage a potential for these to be in my final design. I want to play around with the idea of using natural, organic objects for drawings and combining that with people and architecture, creating an almost cultured aspect to my print designs. At one point during the week, when I got stuck, I started to create patterns using a natural objects, such as a leaf. I did this because I was struggling for ideas, and I remembered that recently I had been admiring the leaves in my back garden. I then had the thought that they could be used and to implement them into a repeating pattern but I don’t think I will develop this work as it doesn’t fit with my theme of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment