Thursday 4 December 2014

Print designs & Photoshop


As part of this week’s intention, I have been using a lot of photoshop to develop my skills and play around with different pattern ideas. I have developed my mirrored photographs into print designs by altering the colour cropping and repeating the shapes. My intention for this week, with using my print designs, was to laminate and put them on an overhead projector and displaying them on a model. I then want to paint vibrant colours into the model’s face where my lit up designs hit the surface of the face creating a visual arts fashion video. It was discussed in my tutorial to create a fashion video and this is going to be one of my main intentions in my work. 


I want to display my print designs as a motion picture to advertise how my Prints can be displayed. I have a lot of interest in film as my work for L4 in the last term was using and experimenting with film and the creative arts. I feel like film is the strongest point of my work. Here is a film that I created in L4 Film and drawing. I want to carry on with this idea as I think it is important to identify showing different ways in displaying my print ideas. It was suggested in my tutorial that I look at a website called Show Studio, which was created by Nick Knight who used to be a photographer and now works in filming.

My intention in creating a film was to display that my designs do not have to solely shown on a garment and that they can be shown in different ways as well. I want my model to wear a white dress, so the prints are clearly shown reflecting off the dress. My next stage this week is to create a tester video before I make the final video. It was talked about that I should create two films, one for my final piece such as advertising to them and one to construct a kind of mood and atmosphere. I might just end up with one video showing my print designs. I think it is important this week to identify with my strongest work. My drawings will be put into Photoshop to create more patterns and designs for my video. I think I need to identify who my audiences is designed for and the clear intention of the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment