Tuesday 2 September 2014

Saatch Gallery: Antonio Malta

I went to the Saatchi Gallery in London and one painting stood out from me. A Painting created by Antonio Malta. His use of composition, shape and bold colour has really inspired my work. This piece of artwork itself is untitled but standing as a large scale of 230x360cm. This painting was so unique I was later to find out that Malta creates YouTube videos of the stages of his work.


                                                                                  

This has really interested me and I wanted to create a self-portraits using only an ink pen and the use of line pattern drawing, as influenced by the shapes of Antonio Malta. The effect of the video almost displays that the drawing is being created by itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment