Thursday 11 September 2014

Patchwork Painting

N4t4 has been a graffiti artist that I have always been inspired by for as long as I can remember. N4t4 based his work around illustration. N4t4 enjoys working with different media and the concept of aboriginal markings and graffiti art.  I am influenced by N4t4’s use of layering and vibrant colour. So in my own painting modelled by my father, I wanted to add a modern twist by change the concept of traditional portraits and add my own modern twist upon the both of these paintings. I tried to express the use of mood and visual language by using my own technique of vibrant colours and patchwork pattern. I could go on to develop this further by creating texture and using vibrant threads to creating an embroidery piece.



This piece is called Jubilee skate park face1, Out of all off his pieces I’ve looked at I am drawn to this one the most. What really captures me about this piece is how the position of the head is angled and the set of the head is faded away. The colours are striking an enigmatic and complex facial expression dominates the piece. The figures plump lips and the play of light which deifnse the facial surfaces give the piece a sensual, even erotic air.  

No comments:

Post a Comment