Sunday 21 September 2014

Derek Rose Internship

I recently spent two weeks in central London interning at Derek Rose. I learnt a huge amount about the textiles and fashion industry and it has also inspired my personal work. Working with the designers gave me a good look into how the design process works from inspiration to design.  It was very fun and interesting and I was constantly busy with different tasks, which I had to perform to the highest standard. This included organising fabrics, making mood boards, research and participating in design meetings.

All fabrics used at Derek Rose have to feel luxurious, as they need to be comfortable to wear in bed and around the house. The colour palette of the classic sleepwear collection uses a lot of blue and also colours inspired by the regimental colours from the war.  The seasonal sleepwear collection uses modern and bright colour palettes. 



                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment