Friday 10 January 2014

Sampling Data research

For the first week of sampling I wanted to show my collection of research through journey showing it visually though photographs. So I took to my advantage of visiting the Manchester art gallery along the way I took photographs as a collection of visual data. As I walked to the gallery and it was sunset I managed to capture the sky at its best managing to capture the beautiful colours of the sunset. I also took photographs of objects and surroundings that interested me along the way.

 



When entered Manchester Art Gallery what interested me was one room in particular called ‘Art for all: Ancoats in the nineteenth century’. The room was blacked out and it showed black and white images of the people in Manchester in the nineteenth century. What really interested me about the film of photographs what the music they played to the slides it gave a ghostly, sad atmosphere to the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment