Saturday 23 November 2013

Machine Embriodery

Embroidery

Machine stitch

Machine sewing
I was inspired by my drawing on magazine from one of the chance cards for this piece. I concentrated on the texture and line.

Tailor taking and Hair pinning
I did this first sampling only using Hair pinning. I felt that the cream and white colouring didn’t offer enough contrast together, however, I did like the arrangement of the threads.  I felt that I had to create other tailor taking samples with hair pinning using colours such as blacks and greys but creating different patterns. I wanted to show in my work a clear net design that has potential to develop and progress through the different patterns that I have created.







For these three pieces I used a twin needle, I my drawing from the chance cards for inspiration. For these three pieces I concentrated on the line of which I was originally inspired by scaffolding from my drawing of the chance cards. The silk piece was difficult and quite a challenge to create but I felt that the line had to produce some detail of refinement.




No comments:

Post a Comment