Wednesday 5 November 2014

Inspirations and Influences


When I started working on my visual research project, I found that my work related to fashion print. I am also very interested in fashion print design and fashion designers such as Hannah Werning, Kristina Collants and Carlene Edwards However, I wanted a change my work by adding fine art designs  and collaborating that with the fashion print to create ideas that are more alternative. I have looked at print designers that utilise fine art into their work such as Auguste Herbin and Anton Barnard. It strikes me that their work is able to take an object and multiply that with the good use of proportion and 3-D like designs.

I see my work going into women’s fashion in liberties perhaps as a printed scarf or flowing dress and that is something I need to identify with in the future. In my tutorial, it was discussed that my designs should look from a perspective of a worm’s eye view and that should be my specific theme. It was also proposed that I should start looking at worm’s eye view points with everything, whether it is a tree or lamppost or whether my work is more about architecture and landscape.  I personally think it could involve both and that I would like to take the idea of observation and play using different objects and scales of places. From my tutorial, I gathered that I need work on more ideas, drawings and concepts with my work so I can develop that into 8-10 sample prints.

I started experimenting with the concept of architecture and making it into a pattern using a pen and bleeding with ink. I did this to experiment with an idea of urban fashion by taking something that is constructive like a building and manipulating it into pattern design. In the tutorial, it was also said that I should push and motivate myself to incorporate a different range of media by using colour and line photographic imagery to create different colour arches in my work. I think I need to develop this use of shape in my work and experiment with not only the visual idea of buildings, but also colour and not stick to a simple range of monochrome. Instead, I should experiment with a vast range of different vibrant colours and if I feel that is not successful, I can go back to the monochrome. It was also suggested by the tutor that I look at some designs from http://www.peoplewillalwaysneedplates.co.uk/two and relate this to my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment